Southwestern Cabbage Rolls
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 1 large head of cabbage, cored
- 2 lbs. ground sirloin 93/7
- 1½ cups your favorite cooked rice
- 2 tsp. Chef of the Future Southwestern seasoning
- 2 tsp. chipotle powder
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh garlic
- 40 oz. jar your favorite pasta sauce
- 10 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
Place cabbage cored side down in a large pot of boiling water for 5 minutes. Remove and let cool. Gently separate leaves. In a large bowl, mix meat, onion, seasonings and rice. Place ½ cup meat mixture on center of each cabbage leaf. Roll like you would a burrito.
Place each roll seam side down in a 9×13-in. baking pan in a single layer. In a small bowl, mix pasta sauce with undrained tomatoes, pour over cabbage rolls. Cover tightly and bake for 30 minutes, then uncover for remaining 30 minutes at 375°F (190°C).
Recipe from Pacific Living.