Mediterranean Beet Burgers With Feta & Black Garlic
Prep Time: 50 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 4 to 5 beets, finely shredded (approx. 3 cups)
- 1 small onion, finely shredded
- 1½ cups of seasoned panko crumbs
- 1 cup of feta cheese, crumbled finely
- 2 cloves black garlic
- 2 tbsp. greek style vinaigrette dressing
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. fresh oregano, minced
- 6 COBS Bread Gourmet Hamburger Buns
- High temp oil like peanut, coconut, or avocado oil
- lettuce, extra feta, and condiments for topping
Wash, and peel the beets. Using a food processor with the fine shredding blade attached or a box grater, shred the onion and beets together.
Place the beet and onion into a large mixing bowl, trying to leave any liquid behind. Add the panko, feta, black garlic, dressing, eggs, and oregano. Using your hands, mix well. Black garlic is a little sticky so it is hard to slice or break up, you will have to press it through your fingers into the mixture like you would butter into biscuit dough. Once mixed, set the vegetable mixture in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes. This allows the panko to soak up the liquid which will hold the burgers together better.
Preheat the grill to medium-high, around 450°F. You can use the Napoleon Cast Iron Plancha, or grill directly on the cooking grids.
Using the Napoleon Burger Press, form the patties.
When the grill (and/or the plancha) are up to temperature, oil the burgers on one side, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes over direct heat. If using the plancha, oil the plancha instead of the burgers.
Serve these burgers hot on a delicious bun like a Gourmet Hamburger Bun from COBS Bread. Top with your favorite condiments.
Recipe from Napoleon Grills.