Grilled Chicken Bahn Mi
Prep Time: 4 - 24 hours
Cook Time: 6 - 12 minutes
- 1½ lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp. good mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, rinsed and dried
- 4 rolls (we like ours light and airy with a nice flaky crust)
- 3 tbsp. Fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. Soy sauce, regular
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. ginger, minced
- 1 tsp. toasted Sesame Oil
- 4 scallions, minced
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1 tbsp. White Wine
- 1½ cups carrots, sliced matchstick style
- 1 cup radish, thinly sliced rounds
- 1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
Begin by marinating the Chicken Thighs. In a medium bowl, combine chicken thighs with fish sauce, soy sauce, maple syrup, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, scallions, ground pepper, and white wine. Marinate 4-6 hours or over night in refrigerator.
Pickle veggies. In a medium bowl, combine carrots and radishes with Apple Cider Vinegar, salt and sugar. Refrigerate a minimum of 1 hour.
Preheat Fire Magic Grill to 450°F. Grill chicken thighs 3-4 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reads 160°F.
Pull from grill and allow to rest 5 minutes while assembling sandwiches.
We like to lightly warm or toast our buns on the grill for 1-2 minutes for added texture and flavor.
Slice bun in half and spread both sides with good quality Mayonnaise. Fill bun with Chicken, Pickled Veggies and Cilantro. Enjoy!
Recipe from Fire Magic.