Cranberry Apple Sage Stuffing
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 10 cups day old diced bread, sliced loaf
- 2½ cups chicken/vegetable broth
- 1 cup butter, unsalted
- 1 cup cut celery, diced
- 1½ cups fresh cranberries
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 medium granny smith apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 tbsp. minced parsley, fresh
- 1 tbsp. minced rosemary, fresh
- 2 tbsp. roughly chopped sage
- 1 tbsp. minced thyme
- 2 cups yellow onion, diced
Turn your Pit Boss grill to “smoke” mode, let the fire catch and then set to 350°F (177°C) to preheat.
Melt butter over medium heat. Add onions then celery and cook until onions start to become translucent.
In a large bowl, mix together bread, apples, cranberries, cooked onion and celery mixture, and fresh herbs.
Add half of the chicken broth to the mixture and stir.
Beat together eggs and the rest of the chicken broth in a small bowl. Pour into the bread mixture and stir until completely combined.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Pour stuffing into a cast iron pan or baking dish. Cover with foil and bake on the grill for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Recipe from Pit Boss Grills.