Chipotle Veggie Sandwich
Cook Time: 15 - 20 minutes
- 12 stalks asparagus, rinsed and bottoms snapped off
- 2 zucchini, sliced on a diagonal 1/4-in. thick
- 4 Japanese eggplant, sliced on a diagonal into 1/4-in. thick pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into quarters
- 1 large yellow or red onion, peeled and sliced into round 1/4-in. pieces
- 4 tbsp. extra–virgin olive oil
- Sliced Focaccia rolls
- Kosher salt
- 1 16.9 oz bottle Balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. adobo from chipotle in a can
For Balsamic Syrup
Pour balsamic into a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
Lower heat to medium-high and continue to boil until the vinegar starts to thicken and forms a syrup-like consistency (about 15-20 minutes).
When the syrup coats the back of the spoon, it's ready. Remove from heat. Let cool.
For Veggies & Focaccia
Heat Evo grill to medium.
Brush veggies and focaccia with olive oil.
Place veggies and focaccia on Evo cooktop. Cook veggies until tender and focaccia until toasted. Remove from grill, drizzle 2 tbsp. balsamic syrup over veggies (save the rest for another use) sprinkle with salt and set aside.
For Chipotle Mayo
In a container, combine mayo, adobo, lime juice , salt and pepper.
Spread chipotle mayo on focaccia. Layer cooked veggies. Enjoy!
Recipe from Evo.