Cheesy Mummy Wrapped Hot Dogs
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 22- 30 minutes
- Ketchup, mustard or desired dipping sauce
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 package kosher hot dogs
- 1 package refrigerated crescent rolls (Pillsbury recommended)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. melted Vegan butter (or non-vegan if no allergy)
- 1 package Vegan Cheddar cheese (or non-vegan if no allergy)
- 1 package candy eyeballs
- Parchment Paper
- Butter Brush
Preheat your grill to 400°F.
Roll out the crescent rolls and press your fingers into the perforations to seal them. Brush the dough with the melted butter. Using a pizza cutter, or sharp knife, cut the dough into strips.
Cut the hot dogs in half and then slit them length wise (do NOT cut all the way through the hot dog again).
Cut the cheese into strips, and stuff into the slits on the hot dogs.
Wrap each hot dog half with the dough, butter side down, leaving a space for the “eyes” around the top. Use two pieces of dough if necessary. Brush with more butter and place on the baking sheet.
Bake on your grill for 22-30 minutes or until the dough is crispy and brown.
Remove and serve immediately.
If desired, use mustard to dot "eyes" into opening left at the top.
Recipe from Pit Boss Grills.