GATHER AROUND THE FLAME
Friday, August 7, 2015
Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association to Host First-Ever All Barbecue Conference October 1 - 2
Registration Open Now for Kansas City Event
This October 1-2, barbecue professionals nationwide will gather in Kansas City for the first-ever conference aimed exclusively at the industry’s manufacturing side; The “All Barbecue Conference,” presented by the Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Association (HPBA) will be held at The Westin at Kansas City Crown Center.
Barbecue manufacturers can register for the conference, conveniently held prior to the American Royal World Series of Barbecue: click here.
This day and a half event will feature a line-up of expert speakers sharing today’s most relevant barbecue industry insights, while forecasting future trends and market shifts. Sessions will cover topics ranging from the industry’s retail trends to consumer preferences, social media engagement and design styles.
“Our Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Expo remains the indoor-outdoor industry’s ultimate product showcase and professional development opportunity,” said Jack Goldman, president and CEO, HPBA. “However, we realize there is a tremendous need and opportunity for barbecue manufacturers to gather exclusively to share and learn fresh industry insights and network in a smaller environment. We look forward to this year’s ‘All Barbecue Conference’ serving as the beginning of what we hope will be a new annual professional tradition for the always-evolving barbecue manufacturing industry.”
To see a current schedule of sessions, click here. Leading speakers and topics include:
- Economic Outlook: Are We There Yet? Michael Redmond, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, Almost eight years after the worst recession in decades began, how far have we come and how far do we have to go? Hear the perspective according to the Federal Reserve.
- Inspiring Culinary Adventure for Backyard Barbecuers | Speaker: Ray Lampe, Dr. BBQ, LLC, The growing number of consumers searching for barbecue recipes, tips and competition guidance is a boon to the industry. Learn how you can tap into this trend to increase audience engagement and maximize sales.
- Looking to the Future: Consumer Lifestyle and Design Trends Ahead | Speaker: Maxine Lauer, Sphere Trending, LLC, From generational lifestyles to new fashion trends, the barbecue industry will be impacted more than ever as consumers embrace spending more time in their backyards. Learn what colors, finishes and patterns will dominate consumer goods this year and why.
- The Generational Divide: Consumer Marketing Insight | Speaker: Scott Zimmer, Bridgeworks, By 2020, Millennials will be the largest group in the workplace, and will hold the most consumer power in the marketplace. Find out how to embrace this change and position your company for success.
- Weather’s Volatility: Challenges in Managing Your Business | Speaker: Scott Bernhard, Planalytics, Inc., Learn what actions you need to take to protect your bottom line and position your company for success in any kind of weather.
- The New Oasis: The Outdoor Room| Speaker: Richard Wright, Hearth & Home, Today’s “must have” home feature is popular from the sunbelt to the snowbelt. See inspiring examples of well-designed outdoor spaces, and hear the latest relevant trends gathered from landscape architects, home builders, remodelers, kitchen and bath designers, and hearth & barbecue retailers.
Don’t delay. Registration for the conference is now open. For a full schedule of the event and to register, visit www.hpba.org/All-Barbecue-Conference.