Marinated Chicken and Vegetable Skewers
Prep Time: 4 - 24 hours
Cook Time: 12 - 16 minutes
- 5 lbs. of chicken breast, cut into 2-in. cubes
- 4 – 5 medium zucchinis, green and yellow mixed, cut into 1-in. cubes
- 4 large Vidalia onions, cut into large cubes
- 3 tbsp. Teriyaki sauce of your choice
- 3 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Sea Salt
- 1 tbsp. Ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. Paprika
- 12 Pack of wood skewers, soaked in water for at least 1 hour
Mix the Teriyaki sauce, olive oil and spices together and place in a large Ziploc bag with the cubed chicken. Refrigerate and let it marinade for 4 hours or overnight if you have the time.
Assembly: alternate chicken, onion and zucchini one after another until the skewer is full. Make sure to leave a space at the bottom and top of the stick for handling.
Place assembled skewers on a bed of prepared coals. The coals should be glowing but not on fire. Cook the skewers for about 6-8 minutes per side or until the chicken looks cooked through with a brown outer finish.
To serve: place the skewers on a tray and let your guests serve themselves. Alternate serving method: remove the meat and vegetables and place them in a serving dish and serve individual helpings with a spoon.
Recipe from Wittus Fire by Design.