Grilled Pepper Steak Salad
Cook Time: 6 - 10 minutes
- 2½ tsp. minced garlic, divided
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lbs. lean skirt steak or flank steak
- 8 cups packed torn romaine lettuce or mixed salad greens
- 1 large tomato, seeded, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1¼ cups mild cheddar cheese, divided (Sargento Shredded recommended)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion (optional)
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. pureed chipotle chlies in adobo sauce (optional)
Rub 2 tsp. garlic and pepper over steak. Grill over medium-high heat on a covered grill 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium doneness depending on thickness of steak. Transfer steak to a carving board; tent with foil and let stand 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, combine lettuce, tomato, avocado, 1 cup cheese and red onion in a large bowl. Combine oil, lemon juice and remaining garlic in a small bowl; mix well. For a spicier dressing, add chipotle chilies. Add mixture to bowl; toss with lettuce mixture. Transfer to four serving plates.
Carve steak crosswise into thin slices; arrange over salads. Top with remaining cheese.
Recipe from Galaxy Outdoor.