Grilled Peach and Raspberry Parfait
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 6 parfait glasses
- 3 large firm (but ripe) peaches, peeled, pitted, and halved
- 3 tbsp. amaretto liqueur, divided, plus more for drizzling
- 1 cup whipping cream, chilled
- 2 tsp. rum
- 2 cups crushed amaretti cookies
- 2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 1 (1 qt.) container French vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup sliced toasted almonds
Place the peach halves in a bowl and pour the amaretto over them. Toss to coat and let sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
Preheat the grill to medium–high, 450°F.
Place the peaches, cut side down first, on the grill and leave for at least 2 minutes without touching. (You want grill marks, and if they’re moved too much, they won’t mark.) Once peaches are tender and marked, remove them from the grill and cut in 1/2-in. dice.
Whip the cream with the rum until stiff peaks form.
Place 3 or 4 pieces of peach in the bottom of each of 6 parfait glasses. Top with 4 or 5 raspberries and drizzle about 1 tsp. amaretto over the fruit. Cover with 1 to 2 tbsp. crushed amaretti and some ice cream. Repeat these steps one more time. Finish with fruit and amaretti and top with whipped cream and a few slivered almonds.
Recipe from Napoleon Grills.