Grilled Halibut with Macadamia-Pineapple Salsa
Serves 4 - 6
Cook Time: 9 - 11 mintues
After months of holiday feasting one would most-likely wish to start the new year off right with a light, yet full-flavored meal. Flavor is key when transitioning from that holiday goodness and this buttery halibut topped with fresh Macadamia-Pineapple Salsa is definitely that!
To feed a crew, take 8 pounds of this beautiful fish to thaw. Meanwhile, shop for the Macadamia-Pineapple Salsa and other accompaniments — olive oil, roasted Yukon Gold Potatoes, grilled asparagus, and a simple arugula salad. Sharing a healthy meal with those that you love is the very best way to start the new year.
- 2 lbs. halibut, cut into serving portions
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped and toasted macadamia nuts
- 3 scallions (green parts only, finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp. finely-chopped shallot
- 2 tsp. finely-chopped fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tbsp. unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Combine all salsa ingredients and mix well. Let sit for an hour, covered, in the refrigerator, to allow flavors to meld.
Set up grill for cooking over medium-high heat. Brush and oil grates before cooking.
Season the fish with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper. Place fish on the grill (flesh-side down) at a 45-degree angle to the grates cook for 4 to 6 minutes. Use a spatula to flip and cook for another 5 minutes or so. The halibut is done when it is still moist, flakes with a fork and has just turned opaque at the center.
Remove from grill and serve immediately with Macadamia-Pineapple Salsa.
Recipe from Bull Outdoor Products.