Cranberry Apple Pork Loin
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 3½ lb. boneless pork loin
- Swimmin’ in Smoke Booty Shake, to taste
- 1 large sweet onion, quartered
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and quartered
- 14 oz. can jellied cranberry sauce
- 4 oz. sugar free apple sauce
- 1½ cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 tbsp. dried minced garlic
- 2 tsp. white pepper
- 2 tbsp. butter
Generously season all sides of pork loin with Swimmin’ in Smoke Booty Shake. In medium sauce pot, simmer all sauce ingredients until reduced, about 5 minutes. Place pork in lightly greased roasting pan. Lining pan with foil is recommended for easy clean up. Surround pork with apples and onions. Pour on sauce. Now you’re ready for the Pacific Living Outdoor Oven for 60 minutes at 350°F (177°C).
When the meat reaches an internal temperature around 140°F (60°C) pull it off, cover it and let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. U.S.D.A. safe is 145°F (64°C). Keep in mind that the meat will continue cooking for another 5 to 10 degrees after you pull it off the grill. A Maverick ProTemp Instant Read Thermometer is recommended for checking meat temps.
Recipe from Pacific Living.