Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 - 8 oz. blocks of cream cheese
- Chicken meat from 2-3 chicken thighs (or breasts if you want white meat)
- 1/2 of a medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced (use dried garlic if prefered)
- 1 cup of Texas Pete's Wing Sauce (or your favorite sauce)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing (optional)
- Garnish with green onions, add bleu cheese crumbles and mix in the dip
Cream cheese needs to be room temperature so you can mix the ingredients together.
Start by adding the chicken, onion, garlic and cheddar cheese and mix thoroughly. Then add your wing sauce and ranch (you may want to reduce the amount of wing sauce to ensure it is not too runny if adding ranch).
You can add the bleu cheese crumbles now. (Many people do not like the bleu cheese, so try adding them on top of half of the dip in an 8 x 8" pan. That way you have some with bleu cheese and some without.)
You can bake it at 325°F for 20 minutes or until it is bubbly all around the edges. Finish by garnishing with the green onion.
NOTE: This also works well in a crock pot. Just dump all the ingredients together on high until ready, then lower heat to warm.
Recipe from County Line Smokers.